Beckley VA Medical Center
We've listed some of the ways you can volunteer below. However, if you have special skills to offer, please call us so we can discuss how you can best use your talents to help our patients.
- Volunteer Transportation Network (VTN) Van Drivers
- Utilizing a medical center van, volunteer drivers pick up Veteran patients who do not have means of transportation and bring them to their appointments at the medical center; and then return the Veteran patients home after their appointment. To fill this role, you must have a current driver's license and automobile insurance and pass a physical exam.
- Patient Escort Volunteers
- Provide assistance with pushing patients in wheelchairs to their scheduled appointments. Folds informational letters, etc. for mailing. Provides assistance to patients and staff upon request.
- Chapel Escort Volunteers
- Help bring patients in wheelchairs to Chapel Services on Sundays.
- Recreation Volunteers
- Come share your talents, i.e. singing, playing instruments, providing recreational activities, i.e. Bingo, pet therapy dogs, food socials, special events, fundraisers, etc.
- Magazine / Book Cart
- Sort donated magazines and books, and take the cart to designated waiting areas or patient rooms.
- Library Assistant
- Assists librarian with library duties.