Beckley VA Medical Center
About the Beckley VA Medical Center
Since 1951, Beckley VAMC has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 38,000 Veterans living in an 11-county area of southern West Virginia. There are currently more than 12,400 Veterans enrolled in the Beckley VA Medical Center health care system.
Beckley VAMC is a 30-bed general medical and surgical care facility with a 50-bed community living center. The medical center is a Joint Commission accredited, rural access facility. The community living center offers skilled nursing care, post-acute rehabilitation and restorative care, palliative care, and respite care for eligible Veterans. The medical center also operates a home based primary care program.
Beckley VAMC supports two Veterans Outreach Centers -- one located in Beckley, and the other in Princeton, West Virginia.
Together, we honor and serve America’s Veterans.
To be a trusted and resilient partner for Veterans, offering readily available, safe and compassionate care of exceptional quality within an integrated system
- Establish an institute that focuses on recruiting and retaining highly qualified staff and ensuring leadership succession planning.
- Establish VISN-wide referral patterns that optimize quality of care.
- Provide quality care by using the most experienced providers and proven clinical practices.
- Utilize community partners to provide timely and seamless care to Veterans using fee basis or the Choice Act.
- Utilize advanced technology to deliver care to Veterans at their preferred location.
- Provide transparency to internal and external partners on the financial wellness of the VISN.
Core Values - Because I CARE, I will...
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsiblities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.